Apart from medicare and your insurance information when you come for your first appointment you should bring:
- Drivers License or a Valid ID
- Insurance Information
- Referral Letter (if required)
- Copies of Results (x-rays, MRI’s, CT scans, etc., and any other relevant information)
- List of Medications (if any)
- Medical data as needed (blood sugar, blood pressure)
How You Can Help Us
To ensure timely care delivery, we ask that you always let us know in advance if you need to change or cancel an appointment. This will help the clinic run smoothly and on time.
We also ask that you…
- Identify and prioritize a list of what you want to talk to the physician about during your appointment.
- Bring a list of current medications and supplements showing the dosage that you take, or bring the bottles themselves.
- Bring logs of medical data (blood sugar, blood pressure) if applicable.
- Bring current insurance, personal identification and other provider information.
- Copay is due at time of service. We accept all major credit cards as well as cash or check.
- Honor your medication contract.
- Follow appointment instructions (arriving on time or 15 minutes early, fasting before tests, etc.)
- Follow your treatment plan and let us know if you are not able to stick to it.
- If you are a new patient, please request a copy of your medical records sent to your new Great Falls Clinic primary care provider 2 to 4 weeks prior to your visit. Contact your former provider directly or complete the Authorization for Release of Information Form and fax or mail it to your former provider. This form is also available at all Great Falls Clinic locations.
- If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, for any reason, please contact your provider’s office so that we can accommodate other patients needing an appointment that day. We request a 24-hour advanced cancellation. We will be glad to reschedule a time that works for you.