The Great Falls Clinic is proud to offer wound care services. Our wound care team provides a myriad of services for patients – covering everything from cleaning and dressing the wound for optimal healing to collaborating with other specialists to ensure the patient receives the best outcome. Our team works together collaboratively to ensure the patient receives the highest quality health care. Choose Great Falls Clinic as your trusted partner.
Department of Wound Care
The Great Falls Clinic believes in the team approach to healthcare. We offer a collaborative team of healthcare providers, allowing the patient to receive the highest quality care available. Our department offers a variety of wound care services including:
The Great Falls Clinic Wound Care Department includes:
- Assessment of the patient and wound including a plan of care
- Same day appointments
- Access to the most recent wound care products including bioengineered graft placement
- Biopsies as indicated
- Debridement and wound cleansing specific to each patient, keeping in mind that comfort is important.
- Vascular studies (circulation evaluation)
- Patient and family education
- Nutrition and disease education
- Vascular, Orthopedic, Primary Care, Infectious disease, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Podiatry referrals as needed
- Physical therapy
- Compression therapy
- Total Contact Casting
- Negative pressure therapy
- End of life wound care (comfort care)
The Great Falls Clinic Department of Wound Care offers patients access to the most comprehensive wound care services in Montana. Our services include:
New Patient Visits: This includes a comprehensive health history of the patient, assessment and plan, may include but is not limited to a vascular evaluation, diabetic foot exam, measurements and photographs of the wound, and patient and family education. Many times we collaborate with services in the community such as home health to ensure patients are cared for on a routine basis.
Same Day Appointments: Accommodates scheduled time for unexpected wounds that may have included an accident or work injury. This appointment includes an evaluation of the wound and close follow up to ensure good results.