The expectation of adding a newborn to your family can be a period of excitement as well as apprehension. There seems to be so much to do and learn and so little time!
Parents may have several questions, some of which appear easier to answer, like should I find out the baby’s gender? What colors should we paint the nursery? Are organic fabrics better? Should we use cloth or disposable diapers?
On the other hand, some questions are more difficult to answer: What’s the best place for our baby to sleep? What if I am unable to breast feed? What does a newborn screen involve? What if our baby needs help?
In this age of ready information, it can becoming increasingly difficult to determine fact vs opinion. That’s where your baby’s pediatrician can help!
As the arrival of the baby approaches, expectant parents (either new or experienced) would benefit greatly from a prenatal visit with their child’s pediatrician. In fact, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends a prenatal visit in the third trimester for all parents. Meeting your newborn’s pediatrician prior to their birth is one step towards establishing a great support system.
What would this visit involve?
- Getting to know the pediatrician and determining whether he/she is a good fit for your family.
- Developing a supportive and trusting relationship with your baby’s pediatrician when you still have time, energy, and fewer things requiring your attention.
- Having your questions about parenting, baby safety, newborn screen, immunizations, etc answered.
- Providing information, including prenatal and family history, which will help your pediatrician to serve your family effectively.
- Obtaining additional resources that may help you prepare better for the arrival of your newborn.
Parents and pediatricians can tailor the visit to best fit the needs of the family.
Schedule your prenatal visit today by calling 406-454-2171!
About Great Falls Clinic Pediatrics:
With two locations, same-day appointments, well-child care, immunizations and pediatric specialty care, the Great Falls Clinic offers the most accessible pediatric care in North Central Montana. Providing a myriad of services for infants, children and teenagers, our team of pediatric specialists work together collaboratively to ensure your child receives the highest quality health care.