Andrea is accepting new patients and referrals at the Great Falls Clinic, 1400 29th Street South. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (406) 454-2171.
Andrea specializes in one-on-one Medical Nutrition Therapy in areas of diabetes, kidney disease, heart disease, metabolic disease, obesity and food allergies. Andrea has been a local dietitian in the community since 2016 and is excited to bring her knowledge and expertise to the Great Falls Clinic.
Andrea is a graduate from Bastyr University in Kenmore, Washington where she earned her Bachelors of Science in Nutrition/Didactic Program of Dietetics Degree in 2014. She then went on to complete her Dietetic Internship at the Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana in 2016.
Andrea enjoys camping, fishing and spending time with her family and friends.
Diabetes Prevention Course
Healthy Habits is a series of lifestyle change classes with the goal of preventing or delaying the development of type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular disease among at-risk Montanans. This evidence-based program is offered by the Great Falls Clinic Nutrition Services Department in partnership with the National Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP).
12-month intensive lifestyle change program with 16 weekly and 6 monthly group sessions
- Behavior change
- Healthy eating strategies
- Ideas for increased physical activity
- Goal of 150 minutes physical activity per week
- Goal of 7% weight loss in 12 months
- Age 18 or older
- Overweight or obese (BMI ≥ 25 kg/m2)
- At least one of the following
- High blood pressure (130/80 or higher)
- Elevated lipids (triglyceride ≥ 150, LDL ≥ 130, HDL < 40 for men and < 50 for women)
- Diagnosis of prediabetes (HgbA1c 5.7%-6.4% OR fasting glucose 100-125)
- History of gestational diabetes
COST $180 – WHICH INCLUDES
- Course instruction by registered dietitian, diabetes educator, and care managers
- Course materials binder
- Lab work taken 6 months into the program:
- Glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL, HDL and HgbA1c
- Medicaid & Medicare coverage pending
- Private insurance coverage is based on plan type